Tuesday 28 April 2020

The Tale of the Hare and the Unreferenced Source Materials

When I'm working on an assignment for college I always end up with a collection of stuff that doesn't get used - little sketches, lino and gelli-plate prints that didn't quite work, collected ephemera, scraps of paper and fabric too nice to throw away - and sometimes this includes short phrases and sentences that come to me while I'm working.


Small hare collage

When I finished one project last year, on the theme of the Hare, I put all this stuff to one side with the idea of one day using it all to make a book and this has now become the first project I'm working on in my little shed.

I've been aiming at completing a double page spread each day, spending a couple of hours each afternoon - when it's nice and warm in the shed - to experiment with page layouts and get everything glued in place to be left overnight to dry out.

Inside cover and title page

Pages 1 &2

Pages 3 & 4

The pages are all re-purposed packaging - those cardboard envelopes you get from mail order companies. I've saved a box full of them over the last few years. And they are designed in a concertina so that the pages can be displayed individually or all together. I'll add the covers at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment