Friday 19 June 2020

The Tale of the Hare and the Un-referenced Source Materials Pt. 3

Douglas Adams once said "Time is an illusion, lunchtimes doubly so" and it seems to have been drifting like a slow moving river through May. The warm sunny days were only ever meant for wandering through woods, listening to bird song and watching seas of cow parsley nod in the breeze.

Then I looked up and June had arrived! Down came the rain so I set myself a challenge as part of the Wildlife Trusts' #30DaysWild to complete a small wildlife painting a day throughout June. It's the nineteenth as I write this and I'm only 2 days behind which is not bad going for me. But in the midst of all that I forget again about the Hare book which I'd finished in May in an epic late night session in the shed under the glow of my fabulous solar power lights.

I'll keep the wildlife paintings for another time but here is the completed book from cover to cover. Even though I wrote the words for this over a year ago, it seems right that I completed it during this time of lockdown when so many people have begun to slow down and take the time to appreciate Nature, to hear the Hare's song and connect with the world around them again. Long may it continue. It's also fitting that I should post this project this week, the week in which wildlife campaigners won a great victory in Scotland that will finally see their mountain hares given protected status and the mass killings around the grouse moors will finally stop.

Front Cover


Title Page


pages 1 &2


pages 3 & 4


pages 5 & 6


pages 7 & 8

pages 9 & 10


pages 11 & 12


pages 13 & 14


pages 15 & 16


pages 17 & 18


inside back end paper


back cover

So there is photographic proof that I can have an idea that's not a college assignment, collect all the stuff I need to realise it, file it away for a year but then, crucially, actually finish it....I surprised myself if I'm honest. It must be all this cleaner air...


No comments:

Post a Comment